A introduction China’s famed DJI (Da Jiang Innovations), the world’s largest producer ofworld wide. This video features the history of the company, its founder, their financial statistics, and much more.
Below you will find the outline for the power point featured in the video:
An Intro to China’s 100 Most Influential Tech Companies
1, Company History
- Founded in 2006
- Began sales in local market in 2008, expanding internationally a year later
- In 2012, it developed stabilization tech to allow for high quality drone footage
- In 2015, The Economist named DJI as being at the forefront of the civilian-drone industry
2, Meet the Founder
- Frank Wang (汪滔 / Wāng Tāo) born in 1980 in Hangzhou
- Received a grant of just over $2000 USD from his university, Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, as a grant to develop drone technology
- DJI was founded out of his dorm at HKUST in 2006
- Became the youngest tech billionaire in Asia
- Private Post-Series B Company
- $30 million Series A from Sequoia Capital
- $75 million Series B from Accel Partners
- Currently raising $500 million-$1 billion in Pre-IPO funding @ $15 billion valuation
- Revenue of $2.7 billion in 2017
- Growth of 65% year on year
4. Drone Line-up
- From The Verge
5, Maintaining Monopoly Status
- 70% global market share for consumer drones
- 70% market share for agricultural drones
- China exports 70% of the world’s supply of drones
- Preparing for an IPO
- Expanding drone market, Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information technology:
- 40% growth for next two years
- 25% years after
ReadWrite, Spoke Intelligence, and LeaguerX entrepreneurial investment all made this video possible. To see more content like this, have a look at the.
If you are an entrepreneur outside of China looking to explore the Chinese market and see the potential for your business to expand please reach out to us at. We specialize in bringing cross border technology companies to China and .
The postappeared first on .